There are several places you can obtain a cat from including cat breeders, animal shelters, pet shops, classified ads, friends or family. We will look at the pros and cons of each. Some breeds of cat can be prone to specific medical issues.
Once you have decided that you want a certain breed, it is a good idea to look up any possible health problems them are prone to investigate whether these conditions can be tested for. There are professional breeders who have devoted many years to breeding their chosen breed of cat.
How To Buy a Cat in Pakistan Cat Breed Family Name and Price with Pics
Before we go further though we will add that not all breeders are created equal. Just because they are registered with the appropriate pet councils doesn’t mean that some bad breeders don’t slip in too.
Top 5 Breeds Of Cats
- The Persian: This breed has been number one since the CFA first started keeping records in 1871. Persians are affectionate and loyal but need their long fur groomed every day.
- The Maine Coon: This breed has been in second place since 1992 and it’s no wonder. This is a very gentle, loving creature that is large by cat-size. They weigh between 15 and 25 lbs. and have long fur like the Persian. However, they do not need as much grooming as the Persian.
- The Exotic: This breed is like a Persian but with short fur. Their nickname is “Persian in Pajamas” because of their coloring. They are sweet like a Persian but only need brushing twice a week.
- The Siamese: The yowl of a Siamese is very familiar to fanciers of this breed. And it’s not just for attention – Siamese like to “chat” with their owners. This is a sleek cat that is very athletic. They usually gravitate to one person and are loyal and loving.
- The Abyssinian: These cats are considered some of the lookers in the cat world. Thin and elegant with a shiny coat, they are active felines, very playful and friendly.
So you must do your homework. We are providing here the complete details about How To Buy a Cat in Pakistan Cat Breed Family Name and Price with Pics.
- Environment – a suitable living environment
- Diet – a suitable diet
- Behavior – to be able to behave normally
- Companionship – to have appropriate companionship
- Health – to be protected from pain, suffering, injury and disease
Healthy and happy, these are called the five welfare needs. Under the Animal Welfare Act 2006, and equivalent legislation in Scotland and Northern Ireland, all owners need to provide these five things for the pets they keep. Keep in touch with us to see more about cats here on this page.